Thursday, February 23, 2017

There is Wonderful Joy Ahead.


It is the eve of my 26th birthday and I am reflecting back over the last 25 years of my life. 25 years, wow, where has the time gone? I'm thinking about the joy, the mistakes, the heartache, the laughs, the many times God has proved to me his faithfulness, and the friendships made-old and new. I am thinking about the changes I want to implement in my life going forward and the bad habits I want to kick, once and for all. I am also thinking about the many uncertainties that lay ahead for me and the many questions I have when I think about my future. All of this thinking has led me to this blog...my cozy corner of the world. 

I enjoy reading blogs and gleaning from people who have tried recipes, routines, and products and have traveled to new places and experienced the world in a different way than I have. It is my intention to make this blog a place where I share what is on my mind and heart...sometimes that will be light, sometimes that will be practical, sometimes that will be deep, and sometimes that will be disjointed. I hope to share about a variety of topics including cooking and meal prepping, being a wife, cleaning and decluttering, books, c.o.f.f.e.e., being a follower of Jesus, minimizing, living simply, and much more.

More than anything, I want to share my journey and experiences while learning to live a more intentional life. I have made a lot of mistakes over these last 25 years and I know the next 25, if God allows, will bring many more. I don't seek to live my life void of mistakes, but full of intention and joy. I want to heed the advice of this scripture:  

Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead.
—1 Peter 1:6 


So please, grab a hot cup of coffee (or tea!) and join me at...my cozy corner of the world. 

Warmly, 
Dakota 


No comments:

Post a Comment