Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Finishing What You've Started

Does anyone struggle with finishing what you've started? This has been a long time struggle for me, whether it is the "juice fast" that I started and gave up on day three or the exercise routine I was determined to stick with...until I wasn't sticking anymore. Finishing what you've started is not always easy, but it is necessary. We always hear those cliche mantras' like "Never Give Up", "Persistence is Key", and so.many.more. Sometimes, they leave me feeling like a failure and they often remind me of how many times I've given up on good intentions or just got "bored" of continuing something. WELL, if you couldn't tell, that is what happened with this blog!

About 6 years ago, I started a blog! It was all about fitness, healthy eating, cooking, and my life in San Diego, CA. Eventually, my desire to continue with it fizzled out and I stopped posting. Guilt followed, disappointed in myself that I, once again, couldn't quite get myself together to finish something. Sometimes there are no reasons why I don't finish what I start, but it just happens. Of course this isn't a daily occurrence. I mean, I can finish a load of laundry or a pile of dishes! It just seems that is the big, hard, and important things that I tend to lose sight of and end up not finishing!  Well, after much persistence and determination, I will be graduating with my Bachelor's in Education this Fall and I am beyond excited. I never thought I would see this day approaching and am starting to rejoice in the fact that I am going to be FINISHING something...something big, something important, something hard.

You know what else is amazing? God always finishes what he starts! Philippians 1:6 says, "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns"(NLT). This is so amazing to me and just happens to be another aspect of God that I so adore! When He begins something, he sees it through every.single.time. This gives me hope that the work He is doing in my life is going somewhere and that I can rest in his plan for my life. I can trust that He is working in my life and YOU can trust that he is working in yours! So, maybe you've given up on something you started and you are feeling regret or guilt? Or, maybe it is time to start something NEW and see it through this time? Be encouraged today that as we are made in God's image, we have the capacity and ability to finish what we start just as He does!  

I leave you with this quote that inspired me a few years ago when I was frustrated with how long it was taking me to graduate with my degree and wanting to, once again, give up. This quote inspired me and I hope it will do the same for you!


Until next time friends, 
Dakota 

No comments:

Post a Comment